Acupuncture is a comprehensive natural health care system that has been used in Asian countries for thousands of years to preserve health, diagnose, treat & prevent illness. Sports Medicine Acupuncture incorporates principles from Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western Sports Medicine to view the patient’s injury from a truly integrated perspective.
By inserting very fine needles into specific acupuncture points, we can influence the physiological functioning of the body. Stimulation of these points activates the natural, self-healing abilities of the body. We want to create the very best conditions for you to thrive!
Benefits of Acupuncture at PSM:
- Integrates treatment protocol with your Physical Therapist at PSM
- Combines the best of East and West Sports Medicine modalities
- Reduces pain so that you get max benefit from your active rehabilitation
- Reduces muscle spasm and increases joint range of motion to help speed recovery
- Decreases healing time by improving the blood supply to the affected area and assisting with the removal of body waste products causing swelling
- Restores “muscle balance” and allows injured or worn down areas to heal, while providing enhanced function to areas that were already working well
- Facilitates integration of the individual with internal and external support systems to promote well-being
- Injuries related to sport, repetitive stress, or work
- Pain in neck, low back, knees, or shoulders
- Sprains and strains
- Muscle spasm and dysfunction
- Syndromes such as tendonitis, sciatica, tennis elbow, plantar fasciitis, frozen shoulder, and carpel tunnel
- Post-operative pain, weakness or delayed recovery
Initial Consultation, Examination and Treatment (75-90 minutes) $150
Follow-Up Treatment (50-60 Minutes) $110
Herbs and Supplements as appropriate Varies, typically $6-$40
If you have questions before getting started with Acupuncture or want to schedule an appointment, contact Vita Yee at email@example.com or 415.857.1964.