Active Release Techniques® (ART®) is a highly effective hands-on treatment that detects and treats soft tissue problems, including muscle, ligament, fascia, tendon, nerve, or capsular restrictions. ART® can be used on everyone, regardless of your job description or athletic passion. During an ART® session, the therapist evaluates the tissue, then treats it by combining precise hands-on tension while lengthening the structure through a full, comfortable range of active motion. ART® treatments help to restore normal movement and function.
Benefits of Active Release Techniques®:
Clients generally see positive benefits from their first treatment, and continued treatment optimizes their benefits including:
- Breaking up adhesions and scar tissue
- Restoring movement and function to injured tissues
- Increasing range of motion
- Reducing or eliminating pain
- Identifying the root cause of an injury
- Enabling improvements in strength, speed and endurance
- Injuries related to sport, repetitive stress, or work
- Pain in back, knees, hips or shoulders
- Sprains and strains
- Syndromes such as bursitis, sciatica, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, and carpel tunnel
- Post-operative pain, weakness or recovery
Our ART® Specialist:
Bryan Sharpe, CMT, ART® is a certified massage therapist whose work is born out of a passion for healing and a desire to help people feel great. Inspired by the body’s innate healing abilities, specifically muscular-skeletal alignment and pain reduction, he became certified in orthopedic massage. Adding to his ability to treat soft tissue injuries, Bryan has earned his full body certification in ART®. For more information on Bryan, visit his bio here >>>
A typical session lasts about 30 minutes, including assessment and treatment, and costs $85 per session.
What to Wear:
ART® is performed with the client in comfortable clothing, such as athletic shorts and sports bra.
We offer ART® treatments in both locations. Give us a call at your preferred location, and we’d be happy to schedule you.